- 140g Plain Flour
- 50g Caster Sugar
- 100g Butter (cubed and at room temperature)
- 2 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- Smarties to top
Makes about 12 small cookies.
- Toast sesame seeds, use a dry frying pan over a medium-high heat and stir them continually.
- Pre-heat oven to 160c (adjust down for a fan oven)
- Put sugar, flour, and butter into a large mixing bowl.
- Rub the mixture between your thumbs and fingertips. When the mixture looks crumby, squeeze it together to make a ball of dough. Pinch off small lumps and roll them to ping-pong sized balls.
- Place balls on a baking sheet, leave space for them to spread. Flatten them slightly and top with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned.
- Once out of the oven press on the smarties and then leave to cool on a wire rack.