This is a fresh tasting soup that is a great summer lunch and useful for using up a glut of courgettes from the allotment.
- 2 tablespoons olive or sunflower oil.
- 2 onions
- 1.5l Chicken Stock
- 900 grams courgette
- 110 grams small pasta (ideally soup pasta)
- A little lemon juice.
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper
- Sour Cream to Serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions. Cover and cook gently for 20 minutes stirring occasionally; they should be soft but not coloured.
- Add the stock to the pan and bring to the boil.
- Add the grated courgettes and pasta to the boiling stock. Turn down the heat, cover the pan and simmer for 15 minutes until the pasta is al dente.
- Season to taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir in the chopped fresh chervil. Pour in bowls and add a swirl of sour cream before serving.