This is a perfect and quick Mexican lunch with a great flavour. It is also meat free and affordable. The recipe serves two but can easily be modified.
- 400g can mixed bean salad.
- 3 tsp Chipotle Chilli and Smoked Paprika Paste (can vary according to desired heat).
- Bunch / Small Pack Coriander – chopped
- 70g Cheddar cheese (grated)
- 4 flour tortillas
- Drain the beans but keep about 1 tbsp of the can water. In a bowl mash the beans, the bean water, half the cheese, chipotle sauce and the coriander. Use a potato masher or a fork.
- Lay out 2 of the torlillas and spread the bean mix on each. Top with the remaining cheese, then place the remaining torilla on top of each to mak ea tortilla sandwich.
- Microwave each quesadilla for 45 seconds to begin heating up.
- Griddle for about 1-2 minutes on each side on a medium high heat (I use my cast iron skillet).
- Serve immediately or keep warm in a low oven while others are being cooked.
- Serve cut into wedges.