This recipe produces a version of a pancake that is great for breakfast as it allows me and my wife to eat at the same time. With traditional pancakes someone ends up standing over the stove as they don’t taste the same if they are kept warm in the oven.
To make this you need a cast iron skillet (frying pan) – see image below:
- 3 Eggs
- Approximately 3 Tablespoons Butter (about 50g)
- 3/4 Cup Milk (180 ml)
- 1/2 Cup Flour (60g)
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 1/4 cup sugar (50g)
- Lemon Juice and Sugar to sprinkle on the top
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F)
- Mix the eggs, milk, flour, salt, vanilla and sugar. Use an electric whisk to mix well until foamy. At the same time melt the butter in the skillet.
- Once the batter is mixed and butter is melted poor into the skillet.
- Put the pan into the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, quickly sprinkle with sugar and lemon juice. Serve immediately.