This is a great recipe to use up bananas that have started to go brown and soft. It produces a sweet banana bread that is easy to make. If you don’t like walnuts just leave them out of the recipe!
- 115g Butter (plus extra to grease the loaf tin with) – at room temperature.
- 200g Sugar (one cup)
- 1 egg
- 2 medium mashed bananas
- 50 ml milk
- 250g Flour (2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 50g chopped walnuts
- Beat butter, sugar, and egg until fluffy in a large bowl with an electric mixer at high speed.
- Mix the banana and milk in a bowl.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda together.
- Mix together the flour mixture, the butter mixture and bannana mixture.
- Add the nut mixture.
- Transfer into a greased loaf tin.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour at 175°C.
- The bread is cooked when a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes on a wire cooling rack; then turn out of pan and allow to cool completely.