One of the books that I have read over the last week is ‘The Social Media MBA: In Practice’ by Christer Holloman. Although I am not in business there are a number of lessons for
One of the books that I have read over the last week is ‘The Social Media MBA: In Practice’ by Christer Holloman. Although I am not in business there are a number of lessons for education and all users of Social Media. It is a book that consists of case studies of how different organisations have effectively used social media.
The book is supported by a LinkedIn Group – ‘The Social Media MBA Alumni’, search for it on LinkedIn!
Some thoughts about before beginning projects (on Social Media but could be applied to other contexts):
- Time spent gaining understanding is not wasted, and should not be underestimated.
- Taking the time to have a discussion can be more valuable than any report.
- More haste, less speed. Take the time to plan and carefully implement.
Ideas about starting large scale social media projects:
- Start small, build confidence and get your back office in order.
- Get the right team of people for the job and provide training if required.
- Keep the messages simple and professional.