Ingredients (serves 2 generously)
- 270g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 260ml milk
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- Melt the butter in a cast iron skillet while preparing the other ingredients; this warms the pan, melts the butter and greases the pan all in one. It also saves getting another dish dirty!
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar into a large bowl. Separately whisk together the milk and egg.
- Mix together the milk mixture and the flour mixture using a fork; then add in the butter.
- Add the batter a ladle full at the time – once the batter begins to bubble at the top turn it over. The pancake should rise to about 1cm thick.
- Repeat until the batter is used up; pancakes can be kept warm in the oven though they taste best straight off the griddle!